Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just a Quickie

Tidbits: I'm in college doing the 'Sure Way to Get Fat' Program. Simple, sit in front of the computer and eat sugar crackers. Period.

Anabel got me addicted to these lovely sugar crackers by Cap Ping Pong( say what?). I've already eaten X number of crackers after a sinful meal of Murtabak at the mamak. Tsk. Terrible.

Anyway, I just happen to come across an article the other day I thought most of us would be able to relate to. It's about Facebook, and those who aren't using Facebook just go to Batu Caves and rot there. Haha, what a mean thing to say. Facebook isn't everything under the sun, who cares if you don't have a Facebook account? *minimises window and off to spam comments*

Okay, back. Remember there was once our newspapers/radios/internet/Facebook talked about 'The Best Job in the World'? Yeah, the one where you work on some resort island in Aussieland and get paid quite a sum. Oh, and apparently the job went to some Brit fella who happened to be a volunteer. See, being nice does pay, and pays well.

Man, I should stop beating around the bush. My point is...the best job in the world isn't the job mentioned above. The article I read talked about the maintenance people working at Facebook, and it seems that one of the job scope is to filter obscenity. I'm pretty sure you're getting my point, in the context of the best job in the world.

Apparently, Facebook has some rules like The Nipple Rule and The Fully-Exposed-Butt Rule or something to that. I kid you not. I'm sure you've done one of those 'How horny are you?', 'How good are you in bed?' and 'What sexual position are you?' quizzes. Seen the pictures that came along with them? Yeah. Back to the story, these people actually receive pictures daily and decide its appropriety with reference to the rules. So, basically they just sit in front of the screen and click click. Allow or disallow.


How is it the best job in the world? Hey, how many people actually get paid watching 'encouraging' pictures? There has never been a job so pleasurable. Look, it's way better than an accountant looking at figures okay, and by figures I mean numbers...not the other figures. =)

Done. Back to assignments.

No comments: