Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to Square One

Tidbits: Okay, that's one too many Cayennes in a week. Whatever happened to economic downturn? These Cayennes are making my Ol Faithful feel so inferior.




Yes, I do realise that this blog lacks as much juice as it used to have. I think in due time I'll have to pack up and say adios. Now, readers beg me.




Anyway, I think there's a topic which serves terribly well as our food for thought this week. As everyone may have already known




Science and Mathematics is now back to Sains dan Matematik.




Some may be crying their hearts out cursing the Malaysian education system (as usual), but some may be jumping for joy that 'hypothesis' is now back to 'hipotesis' (hee-po-tee-sees). Say it with me now. The worst part of this over-stretched debate is the argument that "students will forget our national language if these subjects are taught in English". Thus, it really does make you wonder what our students are doing in school. There's such a subject called "Bahasa Malaysia" being taught back in the robot-manufacturing plant we call government schools right? Well, we shall just sit back and watch how our future students get laughed at by the British people when our students mention 'hipotesis' (hee-po-tee-sees). Say it with me again!!




On an entirely unrelated note, the word 'cum' is completely logical and does not harbour any other dirtier different meaning.



\ˈku̇m, ˈkəm\
Function:
conjunction
Etymology:
Latin, with; akin to Latin com- — more at
co-
Date:
circa 1869
: along with being :
and —used to form usually hyphenated phrases




Don't ask me why I bother defining it. You should see the expression on peoples' faces when they read the word. Worse than winning ToTo.




And this is basically what I've been doing with my life- murdering aristocrats.

Laugh should you get my point. =)

Don't ask. Seriously. I'm that miserable.

Sometimes I think I should just leave all this insanity and go sweep the streets in Prague. At least it's more beautiful there and I'll be hopefully happier. Ah, the ideosyncrasy of life.










No comments: