Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reptile Mania and its Maniacs

Tidbits: Sometimes life can become too much too handle. My current philosophy in life- laugh it all away. Simple really, once you get past the part that prevents you from actually doing it.




Fashion is love. Admit it, what was once a female dominion has beCUM (yes, I just have to) a universal appeal. Fashion today stretches out to an entirely new level which encompasses the females, males and inthemiddles.



Psychology might come first as a day job, but the passion for fashion makes me want to take on a night freelance job. Fashion photography to be precise.




What do you see here?

I see a story.



Probably the only reason I could talk myself into getting an SLR that had caused me to cremate my wallet and puncture my bank account is simply passion. The influence of good photographs is beyond imagination. A simple photo can evoke a unique emotion; the exact one that prompted you to take the photo in the first place, and that emotion equates satisfaction. The bottom line is- photos have the ability to bring you back to a certain place and time that brings meaning in life. It's a time machine that tells a beautiful story to you by simply looking at it.



I'm still learning.




Anyway, all that talk is besides the point. The purpose of typing at this hour of the night is just to voice out my personal(keyword) opinion against.......

Yes. This thingamajingy.




Forget that people actually pay huge amounts for these babies. That's not the point. It's not even chic to start with. It only proves that people are excellent preys of the excellent American marketing predators since it only takes one idiot less-bright person to wear it and the whole world has rubber crocodiles on their feet. I don't mind paying if it is much much MUCH cheaper and made of leather of course. Honestly, I'd rather spend the money on a different kind of rubber. =D




So what if those holes are supposed to do something good. You never know if those factory workers go miniminimynimo whichpartshouldipokeaholein. Nevertheless, it's good to know that the company is in debt. The fashion world will say grace. Amen.


Oh yes, and do tell me the difference between the original Crocs and their cousins(presumably called Alligators) that you can get off 10bucks at the night market. Seems the same to me. Still rubber.


I don't know what I've against these things, but all I know is they don't look good. Maybe acceptable on kids, but never on adults.

Well, what can I say? Some people never grow up.



Fashion has this weird obsession for reptiles.





Take Lacoste for example. Get a plain coloured Polo and stamp a crocodile logo on it. Poof! Retails for 300 bucks.





Crazy? People even name a clothes label "Crocodile". Let's not even get to the have-to-sell-your-arms-and-legs Hermes Birkin bags. Poor crocs(as in the reptile ones, not the rubber ones. I don't feel sorry at all for what's happening to the rubber ones).






I should do something about it. Maybe it's time we market a different animal....

































A monkey perhaps?
Oh no wait! Paul Frank has already done that.
Note: When you have stackloads of assignments to complete, you really turn monkey. Well, at least being monkey gives me blogging mojo.

No comments: