Saturday, March 07, 2009

Got Milk?

You know when they say girls can also do things a guy can do, and do it better? It goes the same for guys.


Don't believe me? Go ask your mum to get pregnant again and feed the newborn breast milk.....from your DAD. Or you can save the trouble of 9 months and try it yourself. Yumm.




You got that right. GUYS can lactate too. Don't ask me why I found out about this. No, i'm not about to get pregnant and breastfeed my baby. Haha, I just read random things online, so don't mind me. It's proven anyway. In their 1896 book, Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine, Dr. George Gould and Dr. Walter Pyle recount several occurrences of men breastfeeding their young.(because they could lactate and it's their biography. haha.)


The stories include a sailor who put his son to his breast to quiet him and started producing milk; a South American peasant who sustained his child with his own breast milk during his wife’s illness; and a Chippewa man who put his infant to his breast following the death of his wife and produced enough milk to rear the child. The phenomenon hasn’t stopped. In 2002, a Sri Lankan man named B. Wijeratne lost his wife and was left to care for their 18-month-old daughter. When the child refused powdered milk, Wijeratne tried something different. “Unable to see her cry, I offered my breast,” Wijeratne told a Sri Lankan newspaper. “That’s when I discovered I could breastfeed."


All men can breastfeed, because they possess the two most vital components for lactating—mammary glands(yes, the boobs) and pituitary glands.


You know what's worse? They found out that men produce small amounts of prolactin(the hormones that produces milk), an example of a situation would be after orgasms. So, guys, ditch the whipped cream and enjoy something fresher. However, it's not present in large quantities so I guess you'll have to savour every drop. I'm quite sure some people would rather have it off a man.


A man like this.



I think this is quite cool, and it's my blatant attempt to boost readership, so yeah. Sue me. I reached 10000 hits and it certainly calls for a celebration. So.....




Got Milk?









No comments: